Post contributed by Karleen Scase
Local track cyclist Sarah Orban shared her Spinach Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe with us.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients (oats, almond meal, ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda,cinnamon). Set aside.
- Add almond milk, bananas and coconut oil to the blender followed by 2 cups of spinach. Blend together until smooth. Pour into separate bowl and beat in vanilla, eggs and coconut sugar into the spinach mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients to dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Fill muffin tin with ¼ cup of batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins are perfect to tuck in you bag for after long training rides. Another delicious post-ride fuelling option are the Whitewater Granola bars.
Thank you Sarah!