Being a coach at LYNX has been one of the most rewarding and fun experiences of my triathlon journey. I have had the opportunity to work with coach Mary and friends as well as terrific athletes from all walks of life.
I have been involved in the sport of triathlon since 2012. After entering my first race on a dare, I was hooked. I am a lifelong athlete. My background focusing on competitive summer swimming and figure skating.
After a year of racing and testing the waters of triathlon on my own I hired coach, Mary Jessey, for guidance and workouts. I have been a member of LYNX Triathlon since 2013 and have enjoyed learning more about the sport. I have competed in many triathlons and running events, including finishing my second Ironman in 2019.
In 2017 I attained my NCCP certification as a triathlon adult community coach. I am eager to bring my experience as an athlete to the coaching realm as well.
Outside of triathlon, Karleen is a partner in a successful accounting firm, Scase & Partners Professional Accountants.
- Ironman Canada 140.6 (2019, 2017)
- Ironman Calgary 70.3 (2019, 2018, 2016, 2015)
- Ironman Victoria 70.3 (2019, 2018)
- Lake Chaparral Sprint (2018, 2017, 2016)
- Chinook Triathlon Olympic (2019, 2017)
- HITS Palm Sprints 70.3 (2015)
- Wasa Triathlon Sprint & Olympic (2015, 2014)
- Alberta Swimrun Beach Blaster (Full 2019, Full 2018)
- Last Chance Half Marathon
- Harvest Half Marathon
- The Original St. Pat’s 5km
- Stoked Oats 5km
- Melissa’s Road Race 21km (2018)