Mary entered the sport of triathlon in 2005, shortly after having kids, as a way to kick-start her fitness. She swam competitively through university but needed to gain confidence on the bike and improve her running. She hired a coach who provided workouts and guidance and as a result, she enjoyed an incredible journey which ultimately led her to Ironman Coeur d’ Alene.
Mary wanted to share her passion and love for the sport with others. Consequently, in 2012 she completed her NCCP Competition Level Triathlon Coach certification and launched LYNX Triathlon. Over time, as the business grew, she started noticing that many triathletes were limited by their swimming ability. With this realization, she expanded her focus on swim coaching.
In 2016, she attended a Swim Smooth coaching course in California where she fine-tuned her swim coaching skills. Afterward, she was selected to continue her swim education and training under the mentorship of Swim Smooth Head Coach Paul Newsome in Perth, Australia.
In 2017 she finished the intensive Swim Smooth training process and became the second Certified Swim Smooth Coach in Canada.
Coach Mary is very passionate and eager to help others on their own personal journeys of accomplishment!
- Ironman Coeur d’Alene 140.6 & 70.3
- Ironman Calgary 70.3
- Great White North 70.3
- Wildflower 70.3 & Olympic
- Tri-California Triathlon at Alcatraz
- ITU Age-Group Sprint World Championships
- Lake Chaparral Sprint & Olympic
- Wasa Lake Sprint & Olympic
- Apple Sprint Triathlon
- Vulcan Tinman Sprint
- Last Chance Half Marathon
- Nike Women’s Half Marathon
- Calgary Police Half Marathon
- Harvest Half Marathon
- Hypothermic Half Marathon
- The Original St. Pat’s 10k
- Spring Trio 5k
- Mochas and Marshmallows 6km
- Canmore Open Water Swim Challenge
- Cott to Swanny Ocean Challenge (Perth)
- Lake Chaparral Open Water Swim Challenge
- Alberta Swimrun Beach Blaster (Full)