Most of us are more likely to show up to a training session when we know we have training partners relying on our company. We become accountable to our training community which is a powerful motivator.
Our consultation page lists additional services to further develop your training and racing experience.
- Pure Technique Session – Monday – MRU 8:00-9:00 pm
- CSS Development / Technique Endurance – Tuesday – SAIT 6:00-7:00 am *FULL*
- CSS Development / Technique Endurance – Tuesday – MRU 8:00-9:00 pm *1 SPOT*
- CSS Development / Technique Endurance – Thursday – SAIT 6:00-7:00 am *1 SPOT*
- CSS Development / Technique Endurance – Thursday – MRU 7:00-8:00 pm *1 SPOT*
- Technique Endurance – Friday – MRU 6:00-7:00 pm *FULL*
- Technique Endurance – Friday – MRU 7:00-8:00 pm
- Red Mist – Friday – MRU 6:00-8:00 pm
Winter 2020 Pricing (includes GST)
- One 60 minute group swim per week $380
- One 90-120 minute group swim per week $545
- Brick: 60 minute swim followed by 60 minute run session on the track $395
- Drop-in 60 minute swim – 5 pack $105
- Drop-in 90-120 minute swim – 5 pack $150
- Drop-in swim/run brick – $30
All Winter term evening swims begin the week of January 6, 2020 and end the week of May 25, 2020. Brick sessions end April 30th. There are no classes on Feb. 17, Apr. 10, Apr. 13, Apr. 23, May 18.
Note: For insurance purposes, a valid TriAB annual membership is required for all swim sessions.
Swim Sessions Defined
The emphasis here is on drill and technique work with plenty of recovery and tips on how to refine your individual stroke. You can expect feedback during this session on how to properly perform the drills and also receive tips on your stroke.
If you want to improve your speed and pacing skills in distances greater than 400m, then this is the place for you. These sessions will simultaneously improve your technique and swim fitness by using Critical Swim Speed (CSS) training. We will do specific fitness testing to determine your personal CSS pace and re-test regularly to monitor your progress. With improved technique and swim fitness, you will find you can maintain good form for longer periods of time which results in swimming faster and more efficiently on race day. Tempo trainers are used during these sessions but are not required.
These sessions are a great way to keep your technique tuned up while you focus on improving your endurance and are a great compliment to a weekly CSS development workout. They are a happy medium between the Pure Technique and the longer, harder “Red Mist” endurance sessions. You can expect some drill work, longer aerobic intervals, and feedback on your stroke during these sessions. Tempo trainers are used but are not required.
The infamous Swim Smooth “Red Mist” session is the hardest and longest session of the week. Distance covered usually ranges between 4,000-5,000m. This 90-minute swim is the cornerstone of the Ironman and 70.3 crew given how good it is at preparing you for these distances. Can you hold off the “Red Mist” from descending on you when you’re not feeling your best? You can expect feedback during these sessions on how well you are sticking to your target pace and you will have an excited coach urging you on as you inevitably fatigue!
- Mondays 6:00 – 7:00 am
- Wednesdays 7:00 – 8:00 pm
- Sundays 8:15 -10:15 am Oct 20, Nov 17, Dec 15 *New this fall! LYNX coached volume session followed by an optional brick run. 8:15 – 11:15 am including run.
Fall Pricing (includes GST)
- $375 for Monday or Wednesday class
- $135 for three Sunday computrainer / run bricks
Winter Pricing (includes GST)
- $550 for Monday or Wednesday class
- $135 for three Sunday computrainer / run bricks
Sessions are held in The Revolution Studio in the Jewish Community Centre
These power based classes are all created by Trev Williams of The Doctrine and led by Trev Williams and Laura Connolly in The Revolution Studio inside the JCC. These classes provide a great opportunity to work on your cycling in an environment that is more educational, fun and social than your basement! The fall session runs October 7, 2019 – December 18, 2019 and includes some fitness testing to establish your Functional Threshold Power (FTP). You are required to bring your bike, computrainers are provided. Winter term runs January 6, 2020 – April 27, 2020. Studio is closed, no classes on Yom Kippur (Oct 9), Family Day (Feb 17), Easter Monday (Apr 13).
- Track Session – Wednesday – MRU 6:30-7:30 pm *New this winter*
- Track Session – Thursday – MRU 8:30-9:30 pm
Pricing (includes GST)
- $235 for Wednesday or Thursday class
This group meets on the indoor MRU track. Everyone runs at their own pace in these all ability sessions but as fitness builds, interval speed work is introduced. There is a solid 20-30 minute warm-up including mobility work and technique feedback, a 20-30 minute main-set and 5 minute cool-down. The coach will provide pace feedback and motivation as you work to improve your running economy and get in quality speed work in a social environment. The fall track group will run from September 12 – December 19, 2019. This session can stand alone on Wed. or Thurs. night or be combined with the 7:00-8:00 pm swim on Thursdays to form a two-hour swim/run brick. Winter session will run from January 8 – April 30, 2020.
Amanda Regnier will be coaching the 2019 / 2020 LYNX MRU evening run sessions. Amanda was a 4 year U of S Cross Country/ Track athlete and spent two seasons coaching the U of S Triathlon Club (track and swimming). She is also a NCCP Triathlon Coach and has a BSc in Kinesiology and MSc in Strength and Conditioning. We are happy to have Amanda on board as our go-to run and strength coach.