Today seems like an appropriate day to talk about love; not only towards others but also towards yourself! When you are comfortable and happy in your own skin, it will lead to self confidence, self respect, and self love.
Why does this matter?
When you love yourself you will make yourself a priority. Don’t think of this as being selfish – think of it as investing in your health and happiness. When you are happiest, you will find other aspects of your life more fulfilling. For example, if you make time in the morning for your own fitness endeavours (whatever they might be), you won’t mind sitting in your car later in the day driving your kids’ carpool. You will be able to focus on connecting with your passengers rather than wishing you were doing something else. Similarly, if you exercise regularly, you are more likely to respect your body and fuel it with nutritious food rather than junk.
Take some time today and check in with yourself. Do you treat yourself as kindly as you treat your friends, neighbours and loved ones? If the answer is no, today is a great day to start making a shift in this area. Why? Because you are worth it!
Here are a few ways to boost your self love:
- Make a list of your strengths and achievements. Review and add to it regularly.
- Think about activities that make your spirit feel free and see if you can turn any of them into a weekly habit.
- Think positively about yourself. None of us are perfect and this is ok! Focus on your good attributes and don’t dwell on your imperfections.
- Reduce your stress. We cannot escape stress completely but think about ways to keep your stress level in check. Regular exercise, taking time to do things you enjoy, getting sufficient sleep, and connecting with others can all be helpful.
- Create a challenge that excites you or pushes you slightly out of your comfort zone and give it a try.
Happy Valentine‘s Day!