Looking for a simple, straightforward strength session you can complete in less than 30 minutes? One where the only equipment required is your body weight and a bench or table? Well, this workout is for you!
It will take you longer than sixteen seconds but looks like THIS
- Begin with easy jogging in place, low knees
- Build effort and add in some high knee jogging
- During final minutes add in some dynamic hamstring stretching and arm circles
4 exercise circuit:
- Do each exercise below 10x
- After completing all four, rest for 1-2 minutes
- Repeat 1x
Upper body exercise #1: Tricep Dips
- Sit on the bench then move off it and support your weight with your arms
- Legs out straight in front of you (harder) or bent (easier)
- Set your shoulder blades down and back and open up your chest
- Dip your bum down until your elbows are bent to 90 degrees and then push back up
Lower body exercise #2: Squats
- Turn away from the bench and stand about a foot away
- Extend arms out front, parallel to the ground
- Squat until your bum just brushes the top of the bench (don’t sit!) and come back up
Upper body exercise #3: Bench push-ups (plyo optional)
- Get into push-up position with your hands on the bench
- Try not to let your lower back sink, or upper back round
- Perform push-up and at the top, push off the bench to get some air (optional)
Lower body exercise #4: Single leg squats
- Begin by sitting on the bench
- Stretch out 1 leg ahead and lift it off the ground
- Stand up using the other leg and then with control sit back down
- Switch legs and repeat
After you have completed all four exercises, ten times each, two times through you’re done!
Thank you Amanda Regnier for this quick bench circuit!
5 Minutes: Finish with some gentle stretching and get on with your day!