Another favourite by the LYNX Crew
High Protein Low Fat Granola Bars
Preheat oven to 350
- 2 cups hemp hearts
- 3 cups uncooked quick oats
- 2 cups organic crispy rice cereal
- 1 can (14oz) fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 2/3 cup dried fruit & nuts (optional)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
Mix together dry ingredients – hemp hearts, oats, cereal, protein powder, chocolate chips
Add melted butter and condensed milk.
Mix together well with your hands (it wont be very moist).
Mix in fruit, nuts, raisins, etc.
Butter a 9 x 13 pan and press granola mixture into pan.
Cook 20 minutes. The longer you bake it the crunchier it will be.
Let cool and cut into bars.
Store in airtight container or freeze until needed.
For another on the go snack for peanut butter lovers check out local track cyclist, Sarah’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites.